Calibre Routex Group represented by Gerry, Geraldine, Hilary, Jasmine, Louise and Kat took part in 5k RACE FOR LIFE at Croydon
It was a very special day for us all and full of unique moments before, during and after the RACE. We managed to capture some of them in the form of pictures.
What is more, we managed to collect incredible amount of £1000!
We believe that it is worth to list how your donations– big or small – help
- £10 could buy 300 glass slides for studying cells and tumour samples in detail under the microscope.
- £30 could buy around 250 plastic Petri dishes. They’re an essential resource for thousands of scientists who are working hard to understand cancer.
- £54 could buy 22 thermometers (range -10°C to 110°C) – indispensable for many experiments that need to be performed at very precise temperatures.
- £94 could cover the cost for one woman to take part in a clinical trial aiming to improve survival for post-menopausal women with early-stage breast cancer.
- £123 could fund one cancer information nurse for a day. Our experienced cancer information nurses provide a confidential service for anyone with concerns about cancer.
- £260 could buy a sophisticated microarray, a powerful piece of technology, helping scientists to scrutinise thousands of genes in a single experiment, and identify which are switched on in cancer.
- £677 could cover the cost of one person taking part in a clinical trial testing chemotherapy before and after surgery, and the antibody drug Vectibix, to improve survival for bowel cancer patients.
- £1,000 could cover around 22 day’s running expenses for an important lab project into a type of children’s cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma. The study aims to identify molecules that are involved in driving tumour growth, and this could lead to improved treatments so that more children survive the disease in the future.
We really appreciated your support and look forward to the next year!